Success! Got gtk2 + xorg-modular built in SYSROOT-environment

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Wed Oct 5 11:23:44 PDT 2005

* Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at cs.toronto.edu> schrieb:

Hi,

> I'm not quite sure what a SYSROOT environment is.

It's a kind of jail, but for the toolchain instead of a
running system: evrything's taken from within the sysroot,
instead of the running system.

Probably the cleanest way of building for an foreign system,
not just for real crosscompiling.

<snip>

> Anyway, you really should not patch configure scripts directly,
> but patch configure.{in,ac} instead.

You're absolutely right. But the damage doesn't come from there,
and I dont like to engage on another front by trying to repair
autotools.

> And why did you exactly need to write your own libtool?

Because I didn't see any chance for repairing the original one.
And because my implementation is just a frontend for an really
platform independent toolchain command set.

See: cvs://anoncvs@nibiru.metux.de/home/cvs/repositories/unitool

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service
  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de