[xorg-server] autogen.sh fails after last update.

Dawid Gajownik gajownik at fedora.pl
Mon Oct 3 03:48:38 PDT 2005

Hi!

	That's me again ;-) After `cvs -f update' autogen.sh fails:

[y4kk0 at X xorg]$ ./autogen.sh
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal
NONE:0: /usr/bin/m4: ERROR: EOF in string
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
[y4kk0 at X xorg]$

It seems that in this patch →
http://cvs.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/xorg/configure.ac?r1=1.95&r2=1.96
there is missing bracket. BTW should there be AC_CHECK_HEADER or
AC_CHECK_HEADERS macro? (sorry for the stupid question - I'm a GNU
Autotools newbie ;) ).

That's not all :D After running `make dist-bzip2' resulting tarball is
broken. When you run `configure' you will see:

[snip]

config.status: creating hw/xfree86/doc/sgml/Makefile
config.status: creating hw/xfree86/dri/Makefile
config.status: creating hw/xfree86/dummylib/Makefile
config.status: creating hw/xfree86/exa/Makefile
config.status: creating hw/xfree86/fbdevhw/Makefile
config.status: creating hw/xfree86/getconfig/Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file:
hw/xfree86/getconfig/Makefile.in
[y4kk0 at X xorg-server-0.99.1]$

I've attached patches. I have one more question: does the order in
SUBDIRS and DIST_SUBDIRS variables (file
xserver/xorg/hw/xfree86/Makefile.am) is important? If not, maybe it
would be better to put all dirs in alphabetical order?

Regards,
	Dawid

--

   ^_*