Using DESTDIR during installation

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Sun May 29 19:09:00 PDT 2005

Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Stefan Dirsch wrote:
>
>> BTW, it might be a good idea to document in which order the subdirs of
>> lib/ should be compiled. Of course you can figure this out easily by
>> trial and error ...
>

> Is anyone working on scripts to build the entire set of modules in the
> right order?   Having to constantly cd, ./autogen.sh, make install, cd
> .. and repeat dozens of times is getting tiresome.

During the OpenBSD hackthon last week (see http://www.kerneltrap.org)
I've started to build an bsd-style make infrastructure to automate this
  on OpenBSD. For now it has nothing fancy in it (it just ordering
SUBDIR contents).
I can share it if anyone's interested (but I'm still travelling this
week and I don't have too much time to work on this).
--
Matthieu Herrb