Font packages

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Tue May 24 17:15:02 PDT 2005

After digging a bit further, here's what I've found...

Adobe donated quite a few fonts (Courier, Helvetica, Symbol, New Century
Schoolbook, Times) as well as Utopia.  All of the other fonts have
COMMENTs in the font properties section that give us the standard use,
copy, modify and distribute permissions, but Utopia is missing comments.
It may simply be that someone forgot to add the appropriate comments to
those fonts.  I've checked back as far as X11R1, and the Utopia fonts
showed up in X11R6, while the other Adobe fonts showed up in X11R4.  The
Daewoo fonts showed up in X11R5.