Forcing the use of automake 1.7

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Wed May 18 20:08:04 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 22:02, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 08:53:12PM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> > I'm happy to just add the WANT_AUTOMAKE to autogen.sh everywhere, but I
> > wonder if there's a cleaner solution.
>
> The ideal thing would be to see why the AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE thing is
> failing, and fix it.

It's failing because setting AUTOMAKE= only applies to invocations of
automake, and not of aclocal, even though it's the same bloody script.
Adding both AUTOMAKE=automake-1.7 and ACLOCAL=aclocal-1.7 to the env makes it
work.

Brilliant.

Anyway, if we could add those to all the autogen's, the baby jesus would stop
crying for a few minutes.

- ajax