xtrans

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Wed May 11 09:10:07 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 11:09, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> Adam Jackson wrote:
> >That's exactly what's done in xlibs, though Soeren's email wasn't
> > completely clear:
>
> Well, not *exactly*, but my mail wasn't completely clear. Alan is
> proposing to put them in /usr/lib/X11/xtrans.  Note the /lib/.   In
> xlibs they are put in /usr/include/X11/xtrans.

Oop, didn't see the lib part.  Yes, includes under /usr/include please.

> >I definitely don't want to see them directly under <X11/>.  Of course I'd
> >rather xtrans just died entirely, but that's outside the scope of
> >modularisation I think.
>
> If it died, wouldn't multiple ghosts have to live on in the various
> components that includes it?

Do any such components exist outside of xc/ ?

It's a template for talking to the socket layer in an abstract fashion.  This
seems to limit its use to the libs, the server, and a few proxies (xrx,
lbxproxy, xfs, and xfwp, seems to be the full set).  We don't install it in
the SDK currently, so if it is being used externally to xc then that app
already has a copy.

- ajax