xtrans

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue May 10 14:49:20 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 13:41 -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> >     1 Install all the c and h files in /usr/include
>
> What about putting them somewhere less likely to be accidentally
> discovered and used?   /usr/lib/X11/xtrans/ perhaps?

They're logically the same as C++ template headers to a great extent,
placing them in /usr/include along with all of the other include files
should serve to make that clear.  We should certainly bury them in a sub
directory, perhaps even with a scary name.

It would be nice to just eliminate this whole mess at some point, but
for now, I would rather take the obvious and simple path to avoid any
unforseen issues with using non-standard paths for include files.

-keith