Modularization mailing list and initial strawman proposal

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Sat Mar 26 11:26:00 PST 2005

The strategy Gnome and KDE to handle integration of components is to do
time based releases of the aggregated components, that are released
themselves on their own schedules.  There is additional build and
integration tests done for those releases, and checking for cross tool
consistency.

> Agreed.  Though this also argues for smaller, more focused releases in the
> future.

Large parts of what we ship don't change from release to release;
including the same version of many such packages into the roll up
releases is a low energy option, or we can decide to have some parts of
the distribution update more frequently than others.
				- Jim