XErrorDB in a modular world

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Mon Jun 6 09:19:07 PDT 2005

* Jim Gettys <Jim.Gettys at hp.com> wrote:

<snip>
> The other approach is to have each extension deliver its snippet of file
> into a directory, and the package install script (I think we can presume
> package systems in this day and age), concatinate all of the files into
> what actually gets read by the application.

-1

I'd like the idea of using the filesystem (= directory w/ multiple files)
much better. I'm not in favour of requiring post-install procedures.
The overhead of using multiple files shouldn't be more than a while loop.

> The other issue we should think about more seriously is the I18N support
> of this facility; error messages should be able to be localized.

+1.

And another +1 for using some common library (not X-specific) for
*all* i18n stuff.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service
  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de