cant build libXpm - buildscripts broken.

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Thu Jun 2 07:19:05 PDT 2005

Hi folks,

yet another day when autoshit makes me headache :(((

When trying to build libXpm in a sysroot, for some strange
reason ./configure it's not able to use correct (sysroot'ed)
ld search path, although it gets correct data from (filtered)
pkg-config.

This ends up in corrupt libXpm.la, which tries adds /usr/lib/
to LDPATH, which is obviously wrong, and so some sed call
cannot find /usr/lib/libXau.la.

As usual, the configure script is completely unreadable for
sane people, so I'm wasnt able to track where the wrong
path actually comes from.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service
  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de