autotooling Xprint

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Sun Jul 31 19:10:56 EST 2005

I've had a go at making the changes to xserver/xorg required to build
Xprt, creating new Makefile.am scripts in the Xprint subdirectory.  Xprt
doesn't use various Xserver features like xkb, xi, xinput, so I added a
few more disable flags into xorg/configure.ac. A neater solution might
be to have these switched off automatically when --enable-xprint is
switched on.

I've got it to the point where the Xprt binary is built.  I must have
missed some -Ddefines, since the binary doesn't operate correctly,
saying "Fatal server error: no screens found", instead of waiting
quietly for print connections.  Possibly that means I didn't give it the
path to the Xprint config file
(e.g. /usr/share/Xprint/xserver/C/print/Xprinters). The -XpFile command
line option for providing it seems to have been taken away.

Do you want to take what I've got?  You could add what I missed, giving
the right build flags.  If it is just the config file I missed, that
shouldn't be too hard for me to track down myself.

Drew