xserver/xorg build problems

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Mon Jul 18 17:35:29 EST 2005

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 08:22:09PM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Saturday 16 July 2005 17:40, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I regognized that xserver/xorg couldn't be built any longer because of
> > "GL/mesa" build problems, which also affect Xnest/Xvfb. I copied
> > gl.h/glext.h/glxext.h from Mesa to /usr/include/GL, but this isn't
> > enough. If this is an unknown problem, I can provide the build log.
>
> Assuming you want GL support, check out Mesa from CVS and tell autogen about
> it with --with-mesa-source=/path/to/source.

Tried this, but this didn't help at all. I copied
Mesa/include/GL/{gl.hglext.h,glxext.h} to /usr/include/GL to fix the
"can' find GL/gl.h" errors, but it's still not possible to build the
module. Logfile is attached.

> If you don't, then don't, and the build should disable GLX support.
>
> If you're not specifying a Mesa path and it still fails to build, that's a new
> failure, and I'd appreciate seeing the log for it.

Fixed meanwhile in CVS.

Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany