xserver/xorg build problems

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Sun Jul 17 10:22:09 EST 2005

On Saturday 16 July 2005 17:40, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> Hi
>
> I regognized that xserver/xorg couldn't be built any longer because of
> "GL/mesa" build problems, which also affect Xnest/Xvfb. I copied
> gl.h/glext.h/glxext.h from Mesa to /usr/include/GL, but this isn't
> enough. If this is an unknown problem, I can provide the build log.

Assuming you want GL support, check out Mesa from CVS and tell autogen about
it with --with-mesa-source=/path/to/source.  If you don't, then don't, and
the build should disable GLX support.

If you're not specifying a Mesa path and it still fails to build, that's a new
failure, and I'd appreciate seeing the log for it.

- ajax