data module [was Re: XKB configuration data and xkeyboard-config]

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Fri Jul 1 12:28:49 PDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 08:11:05PM +0100, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:
> > I will create the data module shortly...

The data module has now been created.

> That's great! I just remember you to put some --with-old-xkb-data (or
> similar) option. So, will it be 'with' or 'without' by default?

I think the best solution is for the XKB config data to go into the data
module and xkbcomp program to go in the app module.  Since they will be
separated by default, no configure option should be necessary.

Vendors can then choose between the config data package that we've got
in the 7.0 release or your xkeyboard-config package.