mono PCL vs colour PCL

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Wed Dec 28 15:49:03 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 10:29 +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:

> I've followed the Xprt difficulties through and finally got a working
> version, with which I can print from firefox (yay!)
>
> I'll summarise here the latest changes I had to add to get here.
>
> 1)  xorg/Xprint/Makefile.am:
> 	Add -DXPRASTERDDX -DXPPCLDDX  -DXPPSDDX

I forgot to mention,  XPPCLDDX defines the colour PCL driver.

To get mono PCL, -DXPMONOPCLDDX needs to be used.
The only difference is the definition of PCL_DRIVER (added to AM_CFLAGS)
in Xprint/pcl/Makefile.am. For colour PCL (-DXPPCLDDX),  PCL_DRIVER =
-DXP_PCL_COLOR,
while for mono PCL (-DXPMONOPCLDDX), PCL_DRIVER = -DXP_PCL_MONO.

In the old Xprint, the Xprint/pcl directory handled colour PCL by
default.  There was a separate Xprint/pcl-mono directory which only
contained a single lone imakefile file, containing the definition
PCL_DRIVER = -DXP_PCL_MONO and directives to symlink the entire contents
of the neighbouring pcl directory.

I don't know how an equivalent symlinking from pcl to pcl-mono can be
done under the new automake framework.  Perhaps it's a simple thing to
run twice over the existing pcl directory, once with -DXPPCLDDX and
PCL_DRIVER = -DXP_PCL_COLOR,  a second time with -DXPMONOPCLDDX and
PCL_DRIVER = -DXP_PCL_MONO ?  I'll leave this question for others to
solve and will provide for the single pcl directory (colour PCL) in my
diffs.

Drew