[ANNOUNCE] Xorg 6.9 and 7.0 Release Candidate Zero

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Aug 9 04:09:39 EST 2005

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Adam Jackson wrote:

> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/X11R7.0-RC0/

I don't understand the 0.99.0 versions. Shouldn't these release candidates
use the versions that the official release will have?

For example, old xlib's libX11 was 6.2.1 but modular libX11 is 0.99.0; I
think it should be greater than 6.2.1 for example.

xlibs' libSM was 6.03 and old libICE was 6.33 and and libXfont was 1.4.1
and libXau was 0.1.1 and libXext was 6.4.2 (and so on), but release
candidates are 0.99.0.

It looks like libXcursor, libXdamage, libXfixes, libXft, and libXpm are
okay, but the rest are wrong.

I am working on converting all the xlibs packages for pkgsrc package
collection (NetBSD, PkgLinux, and other platforms) to use new modular
Xorg.

Will the next release candidate (X11R7.0-RC1) have these filename
versions fixed?

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/