Development plan -- time to move forward

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Apr 26 14:45:52 PDT 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Kevin E Martin wrote:

> One other issue has been raised that we have not resolved:
>
> 4. Should we move the clients out of the lib module and back to the app
>    module?

I think one way to decide this if the clients need or use the same or
extra libraries beyond what its own libraries need.

For example, fc-list, fc-cache and fc-match need zlib, freetype, expat,
and fontconfig -- so nothing extra than fontconfig itself and is included
with same.

sxpm needs libXpm, libXt, libICE, libXext, and libX11. But libXpm only
needs libX11. So probably sxpm should not be included with Xpm. (I haven't
looked closely, but some versions of cxpm maybe don't require any
additional libraries.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/