Development plan -- time to move forward

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon Apr 25 09:10:46 PDT 2005

On Monday 25 April 2005 11:59, Kevin E Martin wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 11:24:59AM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> > Everyone has to have libXp, for the same reason everyone has to have
> > libXext. But not everyone has to have xplsprinters.  The Xprint utilities
> > belong in xorg/app, not in xorg/lib.
>
> These arguments could be generalized to most, if not all, extensions.
> Should we move all of them back to app or just the ones for Xprint?  I
> have no strong preference here, but I lean toward moving them all back.

All, please.

Consider the following case:  xdbedizzy is in lib/Xext.  xdbedizzy has Xprint
support, so it needs libXp built first.  xphelloworld is in lib/Xp, but it
needs to link against -lXext.  Bootstrap failure.

xc/lib/ should not contain any executables, full stop.  Otherwise it's really
xc/lib-with-some-app-so-be-careful.

- ajax