Module component list updated [was Re: Modularization development notes]

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 09:13:15 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 01:00 -0400, Kevin E Martin wrote:

> > x-proxy: xfwp, proxymgr, xfindproxy (should probably document xfwp as
> > 	deprecated in favor of ssh with X forwarding, but I believe
> > 	the others work with lbxproxy and other proxies as well)
>
> Most of these I think are standalone apps and utilities, and I think
> should remain separate.

Alan's groupings look fairly reasonable to me, though I might quibble
a detail or two. Certainly you wouldn't claim that xwd and xwud should
be separate packages, would you?

One of the most useful criteria for how fine or course things should
be split is the level at which you want to divide module maintainership.
It doesn't seem to me to be useful to have one maintainer for
xlsatoms and another for xprop and another for xwininfo.

Regards,
						Owen