Modularization development notes

Sergey Udaltsov sergey.udaltsov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 14:13:51 PDT 2005

Hi

> > Should we try to merge our xkb stuff with the one of the
> > xkeyboard-config project?
> >
> >   http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fXKeyboardConfig
> >
> > Or is this something we should target after the initial release 7.0,
> > so we don't need to change the monolitihic tree that much? Don't know
> > if the Ivan/Sergey are subscribed on this mailing list to discuss this
>
> As you mention above, we would need to integrate it into the monolithic
> tree for the 6.9/7.0 release since the code is shared between the two
> trees.  If it is something that Ivan and Sergey feel is well tested and
> is ready to be put into wide use, then we should consider it; otherwise,
> it would probably be wise to wait until after the initial release.
I am subscribed, as you may see:)

I would say we are VERY interested in getting into 7.0 release. Our
release 0.5 is the best we could do so far - without real massive
testing which we can only get if xkeyboard-config is included into
xorg (or excluded explicitly - so people would have to download our
module separately). We have a LOT of keyboard-related bugs fixed (bugs
reported against monolythic xorg tree) - so let's finally present
these fixes to users.

Cheers,

Sergey