Modularization development notes [was Re: RFA sent to the ArchWG]

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Fri Apr 15 09:19:21 PDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 03:44:20PM +0200, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 12:45:03AM -0400, Kevin E Martin wrote:
> > app:
> > ----
> >   - xc/programs/xkbcomp
> >   - xc/programs/xkbevd
> >   - xc/programs/xkbprint
> >   - xc/programs/xkbutils
>
> Should we try to merge our xkb stuff with the one of the
> xkeyboard-config project?
>
>   http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fXKeyboardConfig
>
> Or is this something we should target after the initial release 7.0,
> so we don't need to change the monolitihic tree that much? Don't know
> if the Ivan/Sergey are subscribed on this mailing list to discuss this

As you mention above, we would need to integrate it into the monolithic
tree for the 6.9/7.0 release since the code is shared between the two
trees.  If it is something that Ivan and Sergey feel is well tested and
is ready to be put into wide use, then we should consider it; otherwise,
it would probably be wise to wait until after the initial release.

Other opinions, comments, etc...

Thanks,
Kevin