Modularization development notes [was Re: RFA sent to the ArchWG]

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Thu Apr 14 14:42:41 PDT 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Kevin E Martin wrote:

> Should we remove Xpm from the lib module as well and just include it
> from the upstream source as a tarball?  Also, who is the upstream
> maintainer?  It seems we've applied quite a few fixes but I wonder how
> many of them have been pushed back upstream.

http://www.inria.fr/koala/lehors/xpm.html was the main Xpm webpage. But no
source code updates since March 19, 1998. Over nine fixes since then.

I believe most Unix flavors and Linux distributions provide Xpm from their
XFree86 or Xorg since it is better maintained.

We already have libXpm modularized (/cvs/xlibs/Xpm). It appears to have
been last updated (by Daniel) on January 29, 2005 to "Import security
fixes from X.Org HEAD."

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/