Modularization development notes [was Re: RFA sent to the ArchWG]

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Thu Apr 14 14:21:20 PDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 01:54:07PM -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Kevin E Martin wrote:
> >> - xc/programs/cxpm
> >>  - xc/programs/sxpm
>
> Would these return to being part of the libXpm module, as
> they were before XFree86 pulled the XPM package into extras?

That sounds like a good idea.

Should we remove Xpm from the lib module as well and just include it
from the upstream source as a tarball?  Also, who is the upstream
maintainer?  It seems we've applied quite a few fixes but I wonder how
many of them have been pushed back upstream.

> >> - xc/programs/fc-cache
> >> - xc/programs/fc-lang
> >> - xc/programs/fc-list
>
> Those should come from the fontconfig package shouldn't they?

Yes, I think these should come from the external fontconfig package.

Thanks Alan!  This is the feedback I was looking for.