[Xorg-driver-geode] current status of Geode X.org driver

Mart Raudsepp leio at gentoo.org
Wed Oct 9 02:55:33 PDT 2013

On K, 2013-10-02 at 17:54 +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> ti, 2013-10-01 kello 19:14 -0400, Gaetan Nadon kirjoitti:

> > > Agreed.
>
> COPYING: didn't we have talks about semi-automating this by extracting
> the name+address of committers from Git log, at some point?
>
> NEWS: I'm partial to completely deleting this one and instead including
> the NEWS in the commit message for each release. Comments?

I object to deleting this. The point is clear of why it exists, and why
it should remain existing. It's a standard file in GNU stuff, and for me
its purpose is to be able to see the NEWS from a tarball. Do not expect
regular people to go digging out from git logs what changed. And no,
users don't all read mailing list announcement either.
The file is up to date for the past years of releases, so I don't see
why it would be in the way. We can write an item for upcoming release, I
can help if necessary.

http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/NEWS-File.html
The keyword is _user-visible_ changes.

Best,