[Xorg-driver-geode] current status of Geode X.org driver

Martin-Éric Racine martin-eric.racine at iki.fi
Mon Oct 7 06:43:51 PDT 2013

I think that I pretty much have all the changes I wanted for this
release (except for a major cleanup of new compiler warnings).

The only nicety I'm missing is a configure switch to disable the GX
component as desired. Let's face it: none of us have test GX hardware
and it has already resulted in FTBFS on a couple of occasions. Plus,
many distributions no longer support anything older than 686 for ia32,
leaving the LX component as the only useful part of the driver for them.

Other than that, unless major changes take place in X server 1.15 prior
to its release, I think that we're ready to ship this Geode module.

Comments?

Martin-Éric