[Xorg-driver-geode] current status of Geode X.org driver

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Wed Oct 2 17:16:45 PDT 2013

On 13-10-02 06:48 PM, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> ke, 2013-10-02 kello 14:36 -0400, Gaetan Nadon kirjoitti:

>>> I agree, since those are copied at libtool run time.
> Committed and pushed upstream.
>
> Since we were on the case of AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4]), I figured that I
> might as well implement AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR([build-aux]) as in this patch.
> Does it make sense to you?
I thought about this quite a while ago for the xorg modules. I came to
the conclusion that it would provide no benefits. The files that would
be placed in build-aux are just a small subset of the overall files in
the root dir. It looks like no one else has seen a benefit either. There
are over 200 modules in xorg, and none of them ever had it., or perhaps
just one.

We basically use the root dir as a build-aux dir. Anything else goes in
subdirs with a Makefile.am.