[Xorg-driver-geode] Patches to xf86-video-geode for X 1.13

Mart Raudsepp leio at gentoo.org
Thu Jul 26 09:10:34 PDT 2012

On L, 2012-07-21 at 19:59 +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> 2012/7/21 Maarten Lankhorst <maarten.lankhorst at canonical.com>:
> > Hey,
> >
> > I created a bunch of patches to make this driver compile against X1.13,
> > but I have no idea if it actually works or not. Could you review and test please?
> >
> > X 1.13 did away with XAA and xf86Screens[] array, so I'm following the
> > other drivers with compat-api.h. This allows compilation on x1.12 and x1.13.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Maarten
>
> Hey Maarten,
>
> Thank you very much for these patches! I myself was wondering what to
> do about XAA today, so these came at the right time. I forwarded them
> to the Geode X.org list so that everyone can review them.
>
> Please note that reverting the default acceleration for the GX
> component to EXA won't work, because that component's EXA support is
> buggy and outdated and, if you look at the upstream ChangeLog, you'll
> notice that we had reverted to XAA as a kludge. None of the current
> Geode developers seem to have access to GX hardware to test or
> sufficient knowledge of the X.org internals to blindly fix the code,
> so it has remained unfixed.

I've somewhat reviewed the first two patches and pushed them to GIT,
with a follow-up commit to fix the configure.ac code up a bit. The check
for XAA was before XORG_CFLAGS was actually getting defined, so moved it
down and did other improvements, that should be improvements over the
autoconf code in all other drivers as well (primarily failing configure
when XAA not found but --enable-xaa is explicitly passed).
I don't know about the third patch either. I am pursuing GX2 hardware
from Gadi's kind offer off-list, however.

There's a crash now with git xserver on exit and on RANDR operations,
which I'm debugging and hopefully fix soon.
But at least it, you know, compiles, so work can actually be done :)

Thanks,
Mart Raudsepp