[Xorg-driver-geode] Patches to xf86-video-geode for X 1.13

Martin-Éric Racine martin-eric.racine at iki.fi
Sat Jul 21 09:59:02 PDT 2012

2012/7/21 Maarten Lankhorst <maarten.lankhorst at canonical.com>:
> Hey,
>
> I created a bunch of patches to make this driver compile against X1.13,
> but I have no idea if it actually works or not. Could you review and test please?
>
> X 1.13 did away with XAA and xf86Screens[] array, so I'm following the
> other drivers with compat-api.h. This allows compilation on x1.12 and x1.13.
>
> Cheers,
> Maarten

Hey Maarten,

Thank you very much for these patches! I myself was wondering what to
do about XAA today, so these came at the right time. I forwarded them
to the Geode X.org list so that everyone can review them.

Please note that reverting the default acceleration for the GX
component to EXA won't work, because that component's EXA support is
buggy and outdated and, if you look at the upstream ChangeLog, you'll
notice that we had reverted to XAA as a kludge. None of the current
Geode developers seem to have access to GX hardware to test or
sufficient knowledge of the X.org internals to blindly fix the code,
so it has remained unfixed.

Cheers!
Martin-Éric