[Xorg-driver-geode] building xf86-video-geode on non-Linux platforms?

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Sun Feb 19 11:58:08 PST 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 05:42:50PM +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> 6. helmikuuta 2012 15.14 Martin-Éric Racine
> <martin-eric.racine at iki.fi> kirjoitti:
> > 2. tammikuuta 2012 1.04 Martin-Éric Racine <martin-eric.racine at iki.fi>
> > kirjoitti:
> >> Starting with release 2.11.13, the autoconf implementation of
> >> xf86-video-geode allows more flexibility on which platforms it can
> >> succesfully build for, by skipping the ZTV module on platforms that
> >> don't support V4L2.
> >>
> >> Btw, I'd welcome reports about which new platforms 2.11.13 can
> >> succesfully build on. So far, we seem to have: Linux (geode & ztv),
> >> Hurd (geode).
> >
> > Arrigo and Marc,
> >
> > Could you please confirm on which BSD variants the Geode video module
> > now builds and whether ZTV get succesfully built as well?
>
> Any news on this? :)

Sorry,

I've been meaning to test that on OpenBSD for a few weeks already, but
have always been distracted by other stuff. And it happened again this
weekend.

A quick build test of git HEAD shows that it fails to build in
geode_msr.c. I'll investigate ASAP and produce either a patch or a
more detailled bug report.

Thanks for the heads-up.
--
Matthieu Herrb