[Xorg-driver-geode] Redraw problems

Martin-Éric Racine martin-eric.racine at iki.fi
Sun Oct 16 15:09:35 PDT 2011

2011/10/12 Christian Gmeiner <christian.gmeiner at gmail.com>:
> I am running the latest and greatest version of the geode driver
> 2.11.12 and run into a problem with the refresh
> of some dirty areas. I have a small Java based SWT application, which
> fails to get redrawn after switching between
> register card tabs. If I am using the vesa driver, everything is okay.
> How can I debug this issue?
>
> X.Org X Server 1.7.7
> Release Date: 2010-05-04
> X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
> Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.32.29-dsa-ia32 i686 Debian
> Current Operating System: Linux OT 2.6.36.4-bachmann #1 Wed Sep 14
> 19:15:45 CEST 2011 i586
> Kernel command line: root=/dev/sda2 rootwait rhgb splash
> console=ttyS0,19200 console=tty0 libata.dma=4 video=lxfb:noclear
> lxfb.mode_option=640x480 at 60
> Build Date: 19 February 2011  02:37:36PM
> xorg-server 2:1.7.7-13 (Cyril Brulebois <kibi at debian.org>)
> Current version of pixman: 0.16.4

This seems awfully similar to Debian bug #570637. Please see if you
can contribute additional information.

On another issue, I notice that you're using lxfb as your console
driver. Please avoid it. The code hasn't been updated in ages and
there were various drawing issue left unresolved. Also, the driver
fails to understand the method used by GRUB2 to set the screen mode.
Instead, I'd recommend using vesafb.

Martin-Éric