[Xorg-driver-geode] FreeBSD patch for xf86-video-geode 2.11.12

Martin-Éric Racine martin-eric.racine at iki.fi
Sun Nov 13 17:10:20 PST 2011

2011/11/14 Gaetan Nadon <memsize at videotron.ca>:
> On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 23:51 +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
>
> It just occured to me that Marc Balmer once contacted the list with an
> announce that he was maintaining the OpenBSD port of xf86-video-geode.
> Let's see if he can participate in this discussion and provide some of
> the answers. Who knows, he might already have a usable diff to provide
> us with as a starting point. :)
>

> Great.
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/i386.html#hardware
>
> Geode listed as being supported.
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/xenocara/driver/xf86-video-geode/
>
> I could not really see any code changes having been done.

Try the diff to these two, for starters:

--- xf86-video-geode/src/Makefile.am
+++ OpenBSD/xenocara/driver/xf86-video-geode/src/Makefile.am

--- xf86-video-geode/src/geode_msr.c
+++ OpenBSD/xenocara/driver/xf86-video-geode/src/geode_msr.c

There's also some interesting changes to *_driver.c and to lx_exa.c as
well. A worrisome number of #ifdef, rather than
autoconf/automake/libtool magic, but it's still a nice start.

> on OpenBSD/i386 (32 bit) and not 64 bit which would be OpenBSD/amd64 (Intel
> EMT64 is considered a clone of AMD64). If I see this correctly, the OpenBSD
> geode driver does not run on 64 bit and therefore would not be of a great
> help.

It does help us see how OpenBSD dealt with the lack of V4L2 capability
and with finding the MSR on their platform, among other things. That's
a good start for adding BSD support in general.

Martin-Éric