[Xorg-driver-geode] 答复: Plans for next releases

Priit Laes plaes at plaes.org
Wed Apr 6 07:08:01 PDT 2011

Ühel kenal päeval, K, 06.04.2011 kell 15:58, kirjutas Christian Gmeiner:
> Hi,
>
> > For debug the driver, the best way it to use GDB. A graphic tool to debug
> > the driver based on GDB is DDD. I always use this great tool to debug the
> > driver. It can check the values of all struct and function values. It is
> > just like debugging a application. Very powerful!
>
> I will find next week some time to do some testings in this area.
>
> > For the link you provided, I gave a look at it. He does a great job to port
> > the Glint to KMS. Actually, right now I am porting the open source code to
> > anoterh operating system, I have to port radeon KMS driver too. So I am very
> > familiar with his project describes. You have seen that Alex gave Matt a lot
> > of help when he ports the driver. So do I too right now :).
> > I think for porint the UMS driver to KMS driver, we need to add CRTC,
> > Encoder and Connector support. We need I2C probe to get EDID information. We
> > need use TTM memory manager to use VRAM. We also need to port Fbdev
> > interface. Actually for geode, it is necessary to port it into KMS. The TTM
> > can solve a lot of memory manage work instead of the static method now. And
> > 2D accel will be sooner if we implement in kernel instead of user space. And
> > we can support VGA and DVI connector too in kernel. Actually I am ver
> > interested to such a work.
> >

> It is really a very interesting project, but how to start such a
> porting process?

Last December I spent few nights looking into it, but eventually got
stuck @ GPU initialization routines (IE the stuff where it writes proper
configuration to registers) and decided I better spend my time on
something that pays my rent... ;)

Anyway, here are the "stub" patches so far:
http://plaes.org/files/2011-Q2/0001-Initial-stub-for-Geode-LX-modesetting-driver.patch
http://plaes.org/files/2011-Q2/0002-Initial-init-for-Geode-LX-modesetting-driver.patch

Päikest,
Priit Laes :)