[Xorg-driver-geode] Rendering issue update

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Wed May 12 02:13:19 PDT 2010

Hi, all

            For the rendering issue, I have written a simple Xlib
program that triggers geode HW rendering( lx_do_composite() ). What the
application does is as below :

1)       It creates a 100x100 window (color: white) for the destination
picture

2)       It creates a picture of 1x1 with the format
PICT_x8r8g8b8(color: green) for the source picture, the source picture
has the repeat attribute.

3)       It creates a picture of 20x20 with the format PICT_a8(only
alpha value to do alpha blend) for the mask picture.

4)       Call the XRenderComposite() to trigger. The dst_x and dst_y are
all 50, width and height are all 40. the mask_x and mask_y are all 5. So
the alpha blend green region is 15x15

See the result of Radeon_X1200.png. It is the standard result. Run on my
RS690/SB600 workstation. The rending function FUNC_NAME(RadeonComposite)
on X1200 will be called.

            Because our driver can only support limit rendering, I
choose this test case. This will use lx_do_composite() in the geode LX.
I don't know why our driver must require the pSrc->width and
pSrc->height with value of 1 in lx_prepare_composite(). I follow this
requirement in this application. You can see the HW rendering result
with the picture of Geode_lx.png on geode platform. Apparently, there
must be some HW rendinging bug in our driver. I will use this program
instead of the progressbar gtk application to go on debugging.

            Source code is in render_test.zip.

            You can compiled it with "gcc -g -v -Wall -o render main.c
ops.c tests_10x10.c -Lxxx -lX11 -lXrender"

            With the help of this application's debug, we will close to
the root cause of this long-long ago historical rendering bug on geode
platform.

Thanks,

Frank