[Xorg-driver-geode] Update the Rotate operation issue
Hunk.Cui at amd.com
Wed Jun 30 19:49:04 PDT 2010
As mentioned in the patch:
* [Xorg-driver-geode] [PATCH 1/2] Gamma Correction for fading operation <http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-driver-geode/2010-June/000794.html>
* [Xorg-driver-geode] [PATCH 2/2] Modify Ctrc rotate operation and Graphic memory allocate <http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-driver-geode/2010-June/000795.html>
Rotate issue, Focus point is on Graphic memory allocate.
1. Redistribute the Graphic memory (include in MemorySize).
2. Prepare allocate the shadow buffer, normally do Rotate operation.
3. Classic exa is made on the assumption that all memory usable for gpu acceleration is a linear range between memoryBase and memorySize.
4. Before modify, the Rotate_mem after memorySize could belong to another device. This is the error key point.
5. Rotateeddata has to be allocated between memoryBase and memorySize.
6. Recommand normally working: Setup Graphic memory in BIOS >=14MB
I modify the code and update two patchs for test, now the update methods have been test in Ubuntu desktop and Fedora desktop. (Normally rotate)
Welcome everyone test the code.
You can use my patch to test your emergency situation. Do not use the +1/-1 patch. Any other question, please give notice.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Xorg-driver-geode