[Xorg-driver-geode] proposal: always build with -march=geode

Writer, Tim Tim.Writer at amd.com
Tue Jun 29 10:47:16 PDT 2010

I'm top posting for consistency with this thread. What is the list
etiquette regarding top posting?

I'm also curious about list etiquette regarding replying/copying off
list. On most mailing lists, I would reply only to the list but I've
noticed many posters variously replying to other posters and copying the
list or replying to the list and copying posters. Is that because
they're using crappy mail clients that get this wrong or is this
accepted practice for this list?

In reference to the original question about `-march=geode', I'm unclear
on the motivation. Is it to avoid generation of i686 instructions that
are invalid on Geode, to optimize for Geode, or something else.

Martin-Éric, can you explain?

Tim