[Xorg-driver-geode] Who can explain the diff between Xserver-1.6.4 version and >1.7 version about the ExaGetPixmapAddress?

Cui, Hunk Hunk.Cui at amd.com
Sun Jun 13 01:18:08 PDT 2010

Hi, Maarten,

	After I debug the GeodeAllocOffscreen() operation (it is an internal function), I found it have been replaced exaOffscreenAlloc() with GeodeAllocOffscreen().

	About the change, you can see: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-geode/commit/?id=d681a844e448712a9a419d2a4dca81930d39a80a

	A wholesale update to Randr 1.2 for LX accompanied by massive
cleanup since 08/07/2008, include exaOffscreenAlloc(), because no longer to maintain the gx_video. So you can find the exaOffscreenAlloc on Geode-gx. And now, only need to maintain Geode-LX, I believe the GeodeAllocOffscreen() have been update to a strong effort. It have been allocated the Geode-LX memory, include Compression buffer, TryHWCursor, exaBfSz, EXA offscreen space, a shadow buffer, a video overlay. (you can see in lx_memory.c -> LXInitOffscreen).

	My issue is RandR-unable to rotate. (I have been described the phenomenon in: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-geode/+bug/377929/comments/12 ).

	I have been debug the memory allocation method in LXInitOffscreen. After allocate the EXA offscreen space (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-geode/tree/src/lx_memory.c#n261 )
The crtc shadow frame buffer (Rotate_memory) allocate:
________
	size -= pScrni->virtualX *
	(pScrni->virtualY * (pScrni->bitsPerPixel >> 3));
________about 2MB size

The video overlay size is 2MB size.
Then the memorySize = offscreenBase + EXA offscreen Space size

Steps:
	1). In exaOffscreenInit (Xserver: exa_offscreen.c: 677), the offscreenAreas struct will be allocated. When do rotate action.
	2). The client program will call the xf86CrtcRotate (In xf86Rotate.c), then it will allocate the Rotate_memory in shadow frame buffer (less than 2MB).
	3). Xf86RotatePrepare -> lx_crtc_shadow_create -> GetScratchPixmapHeader -> exaModifyPixmapHeader_classic, the rotate_memory_base will be loaded into pPixData, the value is equal to memorySize+memoryBase, So "pPixData - pExaScr->info->memoryBase = pExaScr->info->memorySize", but now in Xserver, it only have "<". The judge is not come into existence. The fb_ptr address value is 0x0.

	I think the GeodeAllocOffscreen() memory allocate action is right. Please take a look, I have not find another reason. So I suggest to add "=".

	Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Hunk Cui