[Xorg-driver-geode] Glyph rendering

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Mon Jul 19 18:43:08 PDT 2010

Jonathan,

	You are right. I am trying to use any thing I can use to do this A8+A8 operation in HW. Because I have seen the glyph performance grown up 10 times(55000/s) if using HW way(PICT_r3g3b2), but unfortunely it is not correct result.
	Our geode can support MMX, but if the driver fallback when doing this option, the performance slow down(5400/s) compared with HW method. Although we can accelerate the PictOpOver operation, but the performance improvement is very slight. The cirtial operation we need to do in HW is this PictOpAdd.
	I am still trying.

Thanks,
Frank