[Xorg-driver-geode] Glyph rendering

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Mon Jul 19 01:05:49 PDT 2010

Alex,

	So long mail.
	I put the feedback here.
	1)For the repeat, I have debug the code that our driver's repeatType is RepeatNormal. And we should add the code to fallback when it is RepeatPad or RepeatReflect.
	2)For the transformPoint, our geode has the same code you copy. :)

	Another question to ask:
	For the glyph rendering, we have found a bug in EXA when it gives the parameter to our DoComposite function. Actually, the op we need handle are following two ops:
	1)PictOpAdd, src: PICT_a8, mask: 0, dst: PICT_a8
	2)PictOpOver, src: PICT_a8r8g8b8, mask: PICT_a8, dst: PICT_r5g6b5
	Our driver has support the 2) operation. But for the 1) operation, we know it is very easy, but unfortunely our dest format in HW can not be PICT_a8, it can only be PICT_r3g3b2 for 8bits in geode. Do you know this format?
	Another method is that we can do a copy from PICT_a8 to PICT_a8r8g8b8 and do a PictOpAdd?
	The worst is I wrote a function to do every pixel PictOpAdd in a while loop.
	What do you think?

Thanks,
Frank