[Xorg-driver-geode] volunteers for testing Geode GX2 fixes in GIT needed ASAP

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Wed Jan 27 08:26:00 PST 2010

Hello everyone,

As some of you might have noticed, support for the GX2 hardware has
been somewhat shaky recently. The good news is that a few fixes have
been committed to GIT. However, we need plenty of volunteers to test
them on GX2 hardware, since most of us only have access to LX
hardware.

If we haven't heard of any regression by next week, we'll release what
we have in GIT as xf86-video-geode 2.11.7.

As usual, if there's any issue for which there is a known patch out
there, please attach it to the appropriate bug report on the X.org
Bugzilla and ping this list right after.

Best Regards,
Martin-Éric

PS: upstream really could use some extra help to fix minor regressions
and to merge GX1 support into our unified Geode driver. See our wiki
page and the README that ships with xf86-video-geode tarball for
details.