[Xorg-driver-geode] Memory corruption problem

Michael auslands-kv at gmx.de
Mon Feb 8 23:58:18 PST 2010

Hello

O.k. I have now run the small test program on an intel atom based system.
The OS and everything else is identical, except that the intel video driver
is used and that the system has 1GB RAM instead of 256MB. After more than
300.000 runs there is no memory corruption visible.

This indicates strongly that, although it is necessary to use the bttv
driver to get memory corruption, it only happens with the geode driver and
xv acceleration.

As I guess this is an awful bug to find and as Martin said the driver is in
awful shape, I am considering to switch the hardware plattform to an intel
based one.

Thanks for all the help and I wish you all the best for the Geode plattform.

Michael