[Xorg-driver-geode] last call for testing: X.org Geode 2.11.9release candidate

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Thu Aug 19 20:41:34 PDT 2010

No any reverted work needed with current git repository. After I confirmed with hunk just now, he told me this issue is only reproduced on X server version 1.7+ with current git repository. So OLPC users could safely use current git repository which we will release as 2.11.9.
Sorry for my misleading in the previous mail.
So don't care about this. After we fix the issue, the X server 1.7+ will support rotation better.

> There actually *is* pressure to produce the release, because both
> Debian and Ubuntu have already entered feature freeze and the longer
> we wait, the lesser the chances of getting 2.11.9 accepted into
> Debian/Squeeze and Ubuntu/Maverick. This precisely why I initially
> pushed for us to release 2.11.9 at the *start* of summer, so that we
> could release well ahead of the freeze. Sadly, we already missed that
> deadline and we will now need to do some serious convincing to make
> the Debian and Ubuntu release managers agree to include 2.11.9 into
> their next release.
So please release it today. From what the users give us the feedback, no opposition is got.
We are happy to see a new version driver to be released.