[Xorg-driver-geode] last call for testing: X.org Geode 2.11.9 release candidate

Mart Raudsepp leio at gentoo.org
Sun Aug 15 23:36:16 PDT 2010

On L, 2010-08-14 at 11:32 +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> As recently announced, we now have a release candidate for the X.org
> Geode 2.11.9 video driver. [1] Please test
> it extensively and immediately report any significant regression
> directly into the X.org Bugzilla. [2] If nothing major gets reported
> during this weekend, we'll release what we currently have in GIT by
> Monday morning.

Looks like the rotation code isn't quite perfect yet.

Before doing any rotation:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~leio/xorg/geode-before-rotation-20100816.png

After rotating to inverted mode, and then (importantly) back to normal
mode:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~leio/xorg/geode-after-rotation-20100816.png

Notice all icon images missing again, various glyphs turned to vertical
lines and a broken openbox panel black/grey gradient on the bottom.

It seems that right after the rotation patch at commit 8a61ef8f, the
problem is already present.

I would consider this a release blocker for a while. OTOH, rotation
didn't work at all with xserver-1.7+ before, so I guess it depends on
how quick we can find a solution for this, and if xserver-1.6 (where
rotation worked before) is affected by this.

Best Regards,
Mart Raudsepp