[Xorg-driver-geode] what is the effect of RADEON_ALIGN (macros) in ATI-driver?

Cui, Hunk Hunk.Cui at amd.com
Thu Aug 12 02:06:08 PDT 2010

Hi, Matt,
	Congratulations Matt! :-)  Thank you for your help.
	Now I have a clear concept to understanding it. :)
Following documents give me more help:
	http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/pa-dalign/
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_structure_alignment

	It just aligns to a number of bytes, because that is what the hardware expects. Any where we are setting up buffers for the HW to use, things like sizes, height, widths, all need to be aligned, it can improve the system operation ability.

# Realizing pseudo-code,
padding = align - (offset mod align)
new offset = offset + padding = offset + align - (offset mod align)

	Above is my summary. :)

Thanks,
Hunk Cui