[Xorg-driver-geode] 1024x600px panel support on Geode LX-800

Arrigo Marchiori ardovm at yahoo.it
Mon Sep 21 06:22:57 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 02:44:34PM +0200, Dawid Nogens wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get a Geode LX-800 based panel PC running with xorg. The panel
> PC is equipped with a 1024x600 flat screen that is connected to an onboard TFT
> panel connector.
[...]
> Now to the questions I have:
> - Is it possible to add support for a WSVGA display that is connected to the
> onboard TFT interface to the driver?
> - What is needed to do that? Is it just enough to add the appropriate mode for
> 1024x600 to lx_panel_modes[] in "lx_panel.c", or does it demand extensive
> changes?

Setting the option "PanelMode" inside /etc/X11/xorg.conf should be
enough:
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-driver-geode/2008-August/000370.html

Note that all the parameters must be _integer_ numbers. Therefore, the
first one ("hactive") must be expressed in kHz instead of MHz (that is
the standard for "Modeline" entries...).

I really think that the geode driver needs a man page that documents
all its options... Or maybe we could use the wiki
http://wiki.x.org/wiki/GeodeDriver ?

--
rigo

http://rigo.altervista.org