[Xorg-driver-geode] Dark Active Buttons on Geode 2.11.1 on Jetway J8F9

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Mon May 25 01:56:32 PDT 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Mart Raudsepp
<mart.raudsepp at artecdesign.ee> wrote:
> Ühel kenal päeval, E, 2009-05-25 kell 10:04, kirjutas Alexander Bigga -
> Software:
>> I'm using a Nano-ITX Board from Jetway (J8F9-800) with an AMD Geode LX on
>> it. For half a year, it worked with Xubuntu 8.04 and the fbdev driver.
>>
>> Now I upgraded to Xubuntu 9.04 and wanted to use the geode xorg driver.
>> Xubuntu comes with xorg 1.6 and xorg-geode-2.11.1. My monitor is connected
>> via VGA and has a resolution of 1440x900.
>>
>> I was playing around the whole day with modelines, driver options and
>> whatever to achieve the right resolution. The solution is quite simple and
>> is only one option in the default xorg.conf:
>>
>> Section "Device"
>>         Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
>>         Option          "NoPanel"               "true"
>> EndSection
>
> I'm not sure why you'd need that.

IIRC, unless the Panel was explicitly disabled in the BIOS settings
(tri-state:  panel-only, panel+CRT, CRT-only), then the available
modes get restricted to those supported by Panel.  Thus, the only way
to get non-standard arbitrary resolutions to auto-configure is to
disable Panel, either in the BIOS or via that xorg.conf line, at which
point arbitrary WXGA resolutions become possible.

> I believe there are 2.11.2 tarballs out in the FTP by the way,
> not sure why there has been no announcement or anything.

There has been an announcement, but only on the main X.org list.

Chris:  could you please make it a habit to add CC to this list,
whenever launching modular/release.sh so that Geode *users* (as
opposed to X.org developers on xorg-announce) get the announcement
too? :)

Martin-Éric