[Xorg-driver-geode] Tearing Effects in Videos

Marius Selach marius.selach at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 05:18:21 PDT 2009

Hello John,

I get this problem in nearly every video (and in the others are maybe
no fast movements). I mostly play XviD movies. These horizontal lines
just appear in scenes of fast movements or fast side movements. I
attached a link to a random set of samples.
In every sample I can see random white horizontal lines. In
uhg-ndd-sample.avi I see an tearing effect like in the picture I
posted for a while, when the scene changes to a bar and the camera is
moving from left to the right i can see it very clearly.

In my case Im running:
ii  xserver-xorg-video-geode         2.11.1-1
ii  xserver-xorg                         	1:7.3+18
the X.Org X server

ii  xserver-xorg-core                    2:1.4.2-10
Xorg X server - core server

And I realy dont know hot to fix this. Im also thinking about
different potentials as a error source or problems with wrong or
unstable voltage supply.

sampleset:
http://rapidshare.de/files/46411615/sample.tar.html

Best Regards