[Xorg-driver-geode] [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-geode 2.11.3

Mart Raudsepp mart.raudsepp at artecdesign.ee
Fri Jun 19 14:44:24 PDT 2009

On R, 2009-06-19 at 13:36 -0700, Justin Smith wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> When I try compiling on Ubuntu Hardy, I get the following error:
>
> ../libtool: line 467: CDPATH: command not found
> ../libtool: line 1145: func_opt_split: command not found
> libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.2.6, but the
> libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from an older release.
> libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.2.6
> libtool: and run autoconf again.

^^
This kind of error usually happens when you are trying to regen with
libtool-1, but the package was generated with libtool-2 AND
libtool-2 .m4 files were shipped in m4/ directory

aclocal will pick these up with higher priority than system libtool-1
ones for satisfying the used m4 function macro, generate aclocal.m4 with
libtool-2 macros and then use libtool-1 scripts and end up with an
undefined CDPATH.

Regards,
Mart Raudsepp,
Gentoo developer with a frustration on libtool-2 insisting on shipping
its m4/*.m4 files for many packages tarballs when AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR is
set as libtool-2 insists on suggesting to be set.