[Xorg-driver-geode] Switch from nsc to geode driver

Silvan Calarco silvan.calarco at mambasoft.it
Tue Jul 28 14:44:32 PDT 2009

In data martedì 28 luglio 2009 23:24:06, Martin-Éric Racine ha scritto:
: > On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Silvan

> Calarco<silvan.calarco at mambasoft.it> wrote:
> > In data martedì 30 giugno 2009 16:07:00, Harmuth, Florian ha scritto:
> >> hello all,
> >> at the moment i try to update my xorg version. I have attached an 19"
> >> tft with sxga resolution. If i try to set the resolution to 1280x1024
> >> with xrandr it returns that the maximal resolution is 1028x1028. Where i
> >> can change this "maximal" resolution? With my old xorg version (and the
> >> reagrding nsc driver) i can set my "normal" resolution.
> >>
> >> Best Regards,
> >> flo
> >
> > Hello,
> > I had the same problem when trying to add support for 1280x1024 and
> > 1680x1050 modes on a custom board.
> > The attached patch manages to get X to start with the startup mode set by
> > bios (well not exactly, if you set 1600x1200 in bios it starts in
> > 1680x1050 mode with this patch).
> > No mode switching is supported because I've simply disabled all default
> > modes to make the bios mode the prefferred one.
> > The code scaling does not work with widths > 1024, and I think this is
> > one reason why DDC probe is disabled for panels. The workaround of
> > setting in the bios the video output to CRT instead of TFT/LVDS cannot be
> > applied for me. This is of course not a mainstream patch (well the part
> > that gives names to legacy modes could be) but does what I needed and
> > maybe it may help.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Silvan
>
> Please note the xf86-video-geode only has support for GX2 and LX hardware.
>
> Meanwhile, xf86-video-nsc has outdated support for GX2 and complete
> support for GX1 and SC.

Yes, I'm working on a Geode LX platform. I've been using the nsc driver (with
some patches) so far and I thought the newer Geode driver would be better in
terms of performances (2D), capabilities (mirroring and rotating functions)
and support. At least I hope so, I haven't made performance tests yet...

Regards,
Silvan

--
mambaSoft di Calarco Silvan