[Xorg-driver-geode] Switch from nsc to geode driver

Silvan Calarco silvan.calarco at mambasoft.it
Tue Jul 28 13:58:01 PDT 2009

In data martedì 30 giugno 2009 16:07:00, Harmuth, Florian ha scritto:
> hello all,
> at the moment i try to update my xorg version. I have attached an 19" tft
> with sxga resolution. If i try to set the resolution to 1280x1024 with
> xrandr it returns that the maximal resolution is 1028x1028. Where i can
> change this "maximal" resolution? With my old xorg version (and the
> reagrding nsc driver) i can set my "normal" resolution.
>
> Best Regards,
> flo

Hello,
I had the same problem when trying to add support for 1280x1024 and 1680x1050
modes on a custom board.
The attached patch manages to get X to start with the startup mode set by bios
(well not exactly, if you set 1600x1200 in bios it starts in 1680x1050 mode
with this patch).
No mode switching is supported because I've simply disabled all default modes
to make the bios mode the prefferred one.
The code scaling does not work with widths > 1024, and I think this is one
reason why DDC probe is disabled for panels. The workaround of setting in the
bios the video output to CRT instead of TFT/LVDS cannot be applied for me.
This is of course not a mainstream patch (well the part that gives names to
legacy modes could be) but does what I needed and maybe it may help.

Regards,
Silvan

--
mambaSoft di Calarco Silvan