[Xorg-driver-geode] LX DDC serial mode handling broken (was: X.org GEODE 2.12.0 almost ready to roll - please test ASAP!)

Mart Raudsepp mart.raudsepp at artecdesign.ee
Fri Jan 23 04:23:26 PST 2009

Hello,

> * RandR 1.2 support.
> * Several fixes specific the OLPC XO-1.
> * Various minor fixes.
>
> See http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-geode/ for the
> latest GIT snapshot.
>
> Please compare this to our last stable release (2.10.1) and report any
> regression that you spot to this list ASAP. If nobody reported any
> abnormality by the end of next week, we'll call this our 2.12.0
> release.

I'm quite late, but It appears that the new code now of course has a
get_modes xf86OutputFuncsRec, which appears to be called even if
GeodeGetDDC has returned FALSE. The call in lx_output_get_modes always
calls xf86OutputGetEDID if the output isn't a panel, but it crashes if the
GPIO pins are in serial mode instead of DDC.
So maybe Jordan has some comments here - maybe RANDR1.2 in server
shouldn't be calling get_modes if there is no DDC and it either still does
or we aren't signaling that fact back?

Also, this is yet another thing that a volunteer could do ;)
I fear I won't have time in the short-term future for this, and the common
case for me is to have the GPIOs in DDC mode.

Regards,
Mart Raudsepp